Documentation knowledge: Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Trip reports
• Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
• Load and unload goods
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
• Pay and receive payments for goods
• Perform brake adjustments
• Perform emergency roadside repairs
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle,
• Perform preventive maintenance
• Receive and relay information to central dispatch
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption,
• Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
• Put up warning signs when needed.
• Maintain and care for company provided equipment, tools, and vehicles
• Attend training as requested by management.
• Follow instructions from supervisors to perform tasks.
• Always represent the company’s best interest.
• Maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
• Dress appropriate for task and weather conditions.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
• Punctual and dependable with a no problem attitude.
• Must be professional in appearance and actions.
Security and Safety: Driver's validity licence check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam